Monday, July 8, 2013

June 10 2013 Letter

This week was the hardest and the best by far. Last week in your metter, mom, you told me that Rachel Fine had Strep throat. This sparked something in my mind and I had the impression that I should be checked for strep throat. I did not however obey the prompting. The next day. I lost my voice. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and guess what?? I had strep throat. I lost my voice for 4 days and was ordered not to leave my house because I was contaigous. We were in the apartment for 2 days and were board out of our minds soooo... we learned to cook and finished the entirety of the first text book of the english missionary language course that my companion has to do to learn english in the field. When we finally began prostylting again, i still did not have a voice and my companion with all of her 3 weeks of experience had to do every contact and every lesson. She grew immensely. On the last day without a voice (thursday) President called me and officially extended the assignment to be the sister leader person ( i still dont know what it is officially called) and that I was expected to be in leadership council of the misson the next morning at 9:30. I accepted with what voice I had and prayed that I would have a voice the next day. I woke up the next morning with a very high pithed voice but, a voice!! I could talk!! We were in the training until 6:30 that night. It was a very long day. My companion was paired with the companion of another leader and set back to our area to the work for the day without me. She is learning very fast. The council was all about faith and miracles as well as other mission specific stuff but I those are the two things that stuck out to me. I realized that I have a lack of faith. I dont always believe that people are being prepared for us and I am used and numb now to rejection. When I got back to my area and my companion, we talked about it and decided to fast for more faith and passion for the work and love for the people. I rememebered a line in my partiarachal blessing that talks about the importance of loving the people. We did our fast and started working with more faith. (faith=belief+iniciative). Last night...we placed out first baptismal date with one of our investiagators and began teaching the rest of his family!! It was a miracle and we feel amazing. The truth is that this work is centered on love and an increase of love, both for the people and for the gospel. One of the doubts of our investigator (carlos) is that he smokes. I asked him why he smokes and he started in on this long reponse about smoking causes the same chemical resposes in the body as a feeling of love. When he finished I looked and him and said " then it sounds to me like you need more love in your life, not tabacco". He was silent for a minute and then said "yeah. I guess youre right. I could have the same feeling with more love." He is 20 and is familt is very close so we are working with the family to build that relationship up. It was an amazing week and a very hard week. But we continue and we will continue still!!!
 I love you all very much. Thank you for your prayers and love my way. I love you!!

Kate 

Be good, do good, remember who you are. return with honor. 
No, Katie is not a giant, this is just a really small woman! The shortest woman she has found so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment